While most people contribute to a 401(k) retirement plan, it may not be the “Place to Save.” Even when we, The Money Architects at Vivensure, show them a better way to save, they hesitate.
Because they’ve been conditioned for years to pour their money into a 401(k). Or, perhaps, they’ve been enticed by the promise of free money.
Yet, every year Congress considers proposals to reduce or eliminate the alleged tax advantages of the 401(k). After all, we are $26 Trillion in debt and our congressmen and women need that more than $90 million in tax revenue.
Congress created 401(k)’s, IRA’s, and 403(b)’s; the rules can be changed at any time.
Why contribute your hard-earned money to a plan: over which you have no control; where you have little, if any, access to your money; and, where your money is subject to the fluctuations of the stock market?
Here’s one uncomfortable truth – deferring taxes until retirement may not be a good thing. Many retirees are complaining they are actually in a higher tax bracket in retirement! And, based on our aging population and ever-increasing national debt, where do you think taxes rates are heading?
So, where do you put your money?
Perhaps a financial vehicle where:
1. The vehicle is a private, “unilateral” contract – that means the company can’t change the rules unless you agree to it. That’s the law.
2. You can use the equity in your plan whenever and however you wish – no questions asked.
3. The value of the asset has increased every single year for more than 160 years – including during the Great Recession and the Great Depression.
4. You contribute after-tax dollars and you can access both principal and gains with no taxes due.
5. There are no Required Minimum Distributions to push you into a higher tax bracket … and the income you take is not included when the IRS determines how much tax you’ll pay on your Social Security income.
The plan and its growth are generally not reported to the IRS, which also gives you privacy.
Perhaps now is a good time to contact us for assistance in reaching more of your goals and dreams – without taking any unnecessary risks.
We are waiting to hear from you…
Leave a Comment